Territory Sales Executive - Food Processing Machinery
- A catering equipment supplier has an exciting opportunity for a Processing Machinery National Sales Executive to join their Machinery Sales team. This vacancy has arisen due to the continued growth and expansion of the business within the meat, fish, poultry and food related industries.
- Territory Sales Executive
- The Midlands & South of England
- Home based so candidates must reside within these locations.
- Manage and expand current customers by selling core ranges and engaging the correct specialists within their team to provide the best Customer experience (Product Specialist/Key Account Manager/Tender support), within a specified geographic territory.
- Drive both short-term sales whilst developing and implementing long term strategies with the engagement of the appropriate team colleague (Specialist, KAM, Tender support) to pursue and capture more complex and/or strategic opportunities including Capital purchases of high end product range and tender opportunities.
- Engage customer and prospect accounts at all levels (shop floor through to Board where appropriate) to understand strategic objectives and operational priorities of the business and to communicate company value proposition to all levels.
- Grow profitable revenue by introducing new products/services and solutions to solve customers’ business problems and/or capture new opportunities.
- Ensure successful resolution of customer satisfaction issues supported by the appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Engage and collaborate with pricing and contracting resources (Purchasing & Tender support) to propose, negotiate and close large and complex contracts.
- Their "stand-alone"/un-aided sales portfolio (although some can be supported by knife/ butchery demonstration via knife specialist): Knife service, key ranges of Butchery machines & consumables, Butchery specialist and PPE. All other ranges will be supported via appropriate specialist.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Personal accountability for the attainment of the Territory Sales and Gross Profit (GP) budget.
- Preparation and delivery of professional and accurate proposals, presentations, sales order paperwork through to the Customer and the internal support team.
- Provide monthly outlook, plan & reviews, and forecasts, maintaining a pipeline consistent with business requirements.
- Ownership of current/on-going Account Business Plans & input into CRM.
- Ensure financial governance processes are adhered to for all new and renew opportunities.
- Responsible for developing new business with non-users within the territory.
- Retention of existing customers through appropriate engagement and scheduled appointments.
- Deliver sales activity levels sufficient to support over achievement, territory coverage and customer satisfaction for the full range of products and services.
- Qualifications: Degree or equivalent/or equal experience.
- 3-5 years of successful selling experience - preferably in capital goods (food sector high end processing/engineering/automotive etc.)
- Excellent territory management, solutions sales and closing skills.
- Ability to successfully sell and present to client executive levels.
- Personable, articulate and presentable.
- Knowledge of food sector markets an advantage but not essential.
- Preferred knowledge of meat processing markets, product positioning and competition is an advantage, but not essential.
- Business computer literate (Microsoft Office suite essential, use of CRM advantageous).
- Results oriented with excellent record of success.
- Personal drive and internal motivation toward high achievement.
- Up to £40,000 depending on experience with excellent company benefits, including: Fully expensed company car, fuel card, credit card (expenses fully covered) laptop, iPhone, and additional holidays after qualifying period.
- Bonus (circa £8,000 pa) Car & Company Pension
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking for, please contact us on a confidential basis: