HR Assistant/Officer, Telford, salary £22-27k
Working as part of a small team/busy service with arms-length supervision and support. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience, along with the confidence and initiative to be effective from day one.
The key elements of the role include:
- Keeping recruitment on track, working to deadlines and supporting hiring managers with all stages of the process including writing adverts, sifting applications, organising interviews, attending interviews, giving feedback, issuing offer letters and contracts, processing checks, organising inductions etc.
- Supporting ER activities, including keeping the handbook up-do-date, advising managers on process and best practice, sitting in on first stage investigation meetings and hearings, maintaining correspondence and personnel files etc.
- Supporting payroll and HR systems maintenance, including processing data, checking the payroll, answering employee questions etc.
Candidates will require:
- Relevant HR experience for supporting recruitment and ER activities - this is an ideal opportunity for a HR Assistant looking for progression to Officer or for an Officer who is looking to broaden their experience as part of their professional development
- Payroll experience and/or up-to-date knowledge, sufficient to cover for holidays/absence and field payroll questions and queries
- CIPD qualification, or equivalent, or be currently studying
- Own transport and full driving licence
Our client has an immediate need and is ideally seeking a suitable candidate available immediately for temp-to-perm. However, the right experience and fit for the role is important so candidates meeting all of the criteria but who are only available for permanent roles are encouraged to apply.