Principal Geotechnical Design Engineer
Principal Geotechnical Design Engineer, Geotechnical, Utilities business division
Location - Birmingham
Previous experience of working with a consultancy
This business has a requirement for an experienced Geotechnical specialist who has practical geotechnical work and design experience, to join the hugely successful and growing Geo-sciences business predominately working within the Utilities, Highways and Rail sectors, but also working on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK.
An exciting position has arisen for an experienced Geotechnical Design Engineer who has practical geotechnical work and design experience, who will assist in the already significant growth of the Geosciences business, predominately working within the Utilities, Highways and Rail sectors.
This is a unique opportunity with one of the industry's most recognised Geotech and Environmental businesses. In this role, you will be accountable for managing components of projects, working in collaboration with other design disciplines and providing technical inputs to projects. The role will involve building relationships with clients, controlling commercial aspects of projects together with assisting and participating in developing team members to their full potential.
- Managing selected projects and subcontractors / sub-consultants,
- Directing and working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Managing the production of analysis and design and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Identifying opportunities and driving implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the profitability of design components
- Managing all commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc) relating to projects for which you have a responsibility to ensure a successful outcome.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
MEng in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical bias
Chartered Civil Engineer (MICE)
Desirable Academic Qualifications:
MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or related subject is desirable
- To be able to work independently with minimum supervision and provide direction to junior staff
- Proven experience on large multi-disciplinary projects preferably in the UK
- Detailed geotechnical design experience including foundations, retaining walls and slope stability assessments
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation
- Post graduate experience in most aspects of projects, including planning, supervising and designing elements of a project together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects
- Experience in ground investigation design and implementation
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as VDISP, WALLAP, SLIDE and SlopeW
- Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Full, valid driving license
- Experience with geotechnical finite element analysis modelling (PLAXIS) would be a distinct advantage
This business offers a fantastic working environment and CPD opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75244407