We are recruiting for a part time/reduced hours Health and Safety / SHEQ Manager to provide operational control and guidance to H&S training and inductions for a large National FM and Maintenance company.
Looking for an upbeat motivational and knowledgeable individual combining qualifications in engineering and training to recruit, train, mentor and educate new and established employees in core competences and health and safety. Committed to consistently adding value to the organisation in all areas of activity undertaken.
The purpose of this role is to enthuse and engage across the business community driving cultural and behavioural change that drives down accidents and increases awareness and compliance. You are an ambassador for change management and a key part of the client's aim to be the world's greatest service provider.
On Offer/basic details:
3 days per week / potentially 4 some weeks depending on requirements
Must be able to commute to Stoke on a regular basis; potentially national travel
Ideally FM knowledge but a strong HSE practitioner with similar industry experience will suffice
Audits, general HSE, inductions etc
Available asap for interview and start
3-6 month duration - reviewed and may be extended
35-40k salary pro rata (day rate/hourly rate - £19.25 PAYE or £22.00LTD) and hire car if required
* Support with SHEQ team with health and safety engagement within the SHEQ team and wider technical business.
* Demonstrate enthusiasm and leadership across you area of responsibility creating a positive culture driving down accidents and raising awareness.
* Responsible for company H&S induction.
* Lead delivery of H&S into your customer driving compliance and understanding
* Delivering accident RCA
* Undertaking audits, risk assessments and establish safe working procedures as necessary.
* Provision of advice on current and forthcoming SHEQ related legislation.
* Trouble shooting, SHEQ and welfare related problems.
* You will be responsible for the provision of information, training and support in all areas of
* Assisting or undertaking accident investigations.
* Maintenance of relevant company procedures and documentation.
* Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
* Environmental Management including Hazardous Waste and Refrigerant Gas Management
* Auditing of the Permit to Work system and site access controlled activities.
* Asbestos and Fire Risk Assessment Management.
* To represent the SHEQ department at client meetings as required.
* Provide effective and structured communication with operations team, clients and key
stakeholders to ensure all matters with potential to impact the
business are communicated in a timely manner.
To operate within an office environment, client buildings and associated grounds.
Assistance with SHEQ responsibilities across the contract as and when required.
Ensuring contracts are following the framework as laid out by specific statutory legislation and policy.
Daily contact with SHEQ Director to establish progress and communicate any issues that require escalation.
Regular contact with Account Delivery Team to ensure that SHEQ regulations are followed.
Regular contact with client staff to assure them of compliance.
Casual communication with all support functions e.g. HR, SHEQ, Commercial etc when necessary.:
The ability to understand specific SHEQ legislation and ensure that these are implemented and regulated throughout the contract.
To implement acceptable and practical solutions to resolve all SHEQ issues.
This role works within broad quality, finance, commercial, HR, Operational and SHEQ procedures and practices that have clear precedents with operational guidance being readily available from the Account Delivery team if needed. It is subject to managerial control and review of results upon completion.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
A Health and Safety and ideally Environmental qualification (NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent as a minimum).
Experience of auditing of premises to ensure safe working.
Experience that can demonstrate training in the following relevant areas; Risk assessment, COSHH regulations with associated risk assessment and their relation to the management of hazardous substances.
Experience or knowledge of the above SHEQ management responsibilities within a commercial company.
Extensive previous practical experience in SHEQ management within the building services/FM industry, ideally within a "Critical Environment".
Well developed I.T. skills including Microsoft Office.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills are required; proactive communication skills are a requisite in establishing and maintaining customer confidence.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors. To request further information on our active vacancies please visit our website www.prsjobs.com
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.