Logistics Regional Manager FTC
Logistic Regional Manager (Transition) FTC
Reference Number: GB06723
Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2018
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. From point of origin to consumption, our dedicated staff design solutions that turn logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution. From point of origin to consumption, we design solutions that turn your logistics operations from a challenge into a substantial competitive advantage.
Team Leidos which includes Kuehne + Nagel as the Storage, Distribution and Freight Delivery Partner took over the MoD's Logistics Commodities Services Operation in August 2015. In order to support the MOD Contract and other opportunities within the public sector, the Kuehne + Nagel Military & Government Business Unit was set up within the UK Contract Logistics Division.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Co-ordination and control of tactical plan execution activity for all buildings/Hard Standings
* Management of risks and mitigations to ensure successful Stock Transition plan delivery
* Responsible for ensuring all vehicles are in place, loaded and depart with the correct stock in line with Stock Transition Plan timescales in order to maintain the Transition schedule
* Comply with all Safe Working Practices including the reporting of all accidents and incidents within the workplace
* Ensuring compliance of the Stock Transition activity to the Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements
* Continuously review and seek to optimise the effectiveness and productivity of the Transition Plan.
* Implement operational and KPI's to ensure areas of transition responsibility are run effectively
* Live and breathe the KN Anchor Principles and Behaviours
* Ensure all Inbound and Outbound stock is received and issued in line with operational requirements by co-ordinating resources effectively and efficiently
* Manage relationships with other departments, internal and external customers to ensure efficient operations and communications are achieved.
* Manage all people processes including performance management, time and attendance, conduct issues which includes the carrying out of formal investigations, disciplinary hearings and the hearing of grievances
Your skills and experience
* Ideally candidate has operated within the Military/Defence and Commercial Sectors (not essential)
* Management experience of operating within a commercial warehouse operation.
* Experienced in operating within multi-site logistics operations
* A good level of IT literacy
* Practical knowledge of Health and Safety and Legal compliance
* Ability to present and communicate effectively
* Organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills
* Written and verbal communication and influencing skills
* Team working and customer focussed attitude
* Commercial awareness
Please be aware that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to participate in the employment screening process. This process will include criminal record checking and identity validation. This means that KN will ask successful applicants to provide certain information and documentation to enable these checks to be conducted. Any appointment will then be strictly conditional upon, and subject to, the receipt of satisfactory results of these checks.