Property Managing Agent - Birmingham and Surrounding Areas
Job Type: Full-time 12 month secondment with possibility of becoming a permanent position
To manage effectively a portfolio of properties and tenancies within a designated patch - Birmingham and Surrounding areas- ; ensuring customer excellence, first class facilities management, effective partnership, effective performance management and the promotion of a positive reputation of Inclusion Housing, its communities and service.
To deliver customer excellence and assist residents with sustaining their tenancy through the provision of an intensive housing management service that is responsive and outcome focused.
Ensuring first class facilities management within their development/home through management, monitoring and partnership working with internal, contracted and external agents/contractors.
To ensure effective performance management of the designated portfolio by minimising voids, low level of arrears and meeting service standards.
To ensure that the Regional Operations Manager is appropriately briefed on key matters, and that issues are quickly escalated where there is, or likely to be, adverse impact on our performance, tenancy or scheme sustainment, and the overall services we provide.
To contribute to the work of the wider Operations team.
Specific Duties although not limited to :
· Co-ordinating and monitoring facilities management within identified schemes and taking appropriate action to address poor performance/standards
· Undertaking regular scheme inspections identifying any issues around repair & maintenance, service contracts (e.g. cleaning, grounds maintenance), security, decoration and condition of fixtures & fittings.
· Confirming through observation of on-site records that health & safety checks are being regularly undertaken by the support team.
· Completing and recording a report of each scheme visit giving an overview of the tenant/scheme issues discussed and identified and any other observations relating to the sustainability and commissioning of the scheme.
· To work within Inclusion’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance within schemes and also in the delivery of services directly or through agents/contractors.
Intensive Housing Management
· Visits to tenants / schemes at least every 2 weeks to ensure and contribute toward their sustainability of tenancy.
· Where necessary, undertaking a more urgent (within 24 hours) visit to tenants / schemes in order to address issues of immediate concern.
· Providing advice and assistance to tenants in relation to their tenancy, housing benefit claims, adaptations, neighbour problems and any other issues related to their tenancy and the scheme.
· Dealing quickly with any issues and complaints from the tenant or their advocate and agreeing an action plan with them.
· To ensure the landlord’s duty of care and confidentiality is maintained.
· To have a flexible and adaptable approach to work, which may include working outside of normal office hours.
· To take full responsibility for void properties within the patch, ensuring that all aspects of the voids process from tenancy termination, inspection, seeking referrals, sign-ups, Housing Benefit and post-tenancy visits are dealt with urgently in accordance with Inclusion Housing’s voids policy and procedures.
· Where new referrals are made, to urgently meet the prospective tenant and family/support provider to ensure their housing needs are identified, to discuss the range of accommodation and services we have to offer and to progress the tenancy sign-up as quickly as possible.
· To ensure that rent arrears are recovered urgently and supportively in accordance with Inclusion Housing’s arrears policy and procedures.
· To liaise with housing Benefit and other agencies to aid the award of benefit payment in order to attain low/nil level of rent and service charge arrears.
· To be responsible for all aspects of performance within the patch including voids, arrears, customer satisfaction and involvement, anti-social behaviour, tenancy and scheme sustainment.
· To work with the Development team and other internal colleagues regarding new schemes and their transition from development through to operational management
· Where required, to collect rents from tenants and pay the money into the nominated bank account.
· To liaise and build productive working relationships with all relevant support providers, commissioning authorities, tenants, families, appointees and other local partners.
· To promote the work, services and success of Inclusion Housing at appropriate events and meetings.
· Discussing any tenant or scheme related issues with the on-site support team.
· To deputise for the Regional Operations Manager as appropriate.
· To ensure that we provide excellent customer service that is resident focused and responsive to local needs.
· Identifying and working with tenants to establish ways of increasing their involvement in setting priorities and improving our services both within the scheme and more generally.
· To ensure a speedy and focused response to anti-social behaviour and other breaches of tenancy conditions. Actions to be realistic, fast and efficient and supported by an effective action plan.
· To take ownership and responsibility for any related complaints and queries from tenants ensuring that the customer experience is positive, professional and dealt with within set timescales at all times.