Our clients operates a network of around 45 branches and depots locations where accommodation and storage units are prepared for rental or sale and are refurbished as required are looking for an Experienced Quantity Surveyor in Cannock.PURPOSE
From within the Off-Site Solutions team, manage multiple modular building projects from tender award, including post contract procurement, valuations, scope and outturn financial performance of projects and reporting monthly via the systems in place to demonstrate commercial control and forecasting to the business.Reporting structure
Reporting to Commercial Office Manager
Will work closely with the Regional Contracts Managers and Project managers and will be jointly responsible for the financial, commercial and contractual management of projects from post tender hand over through to final account close out of the project.
Working closely with the Construction teams ensuring that subcontract procurement is carried out in both a timely and cost effective manner.
Will be a key member of the Construction teams and will be client focused at all times.
Will be responsible for the development of the Graduate Quantity Surveyor.Main responsabilities
- Develop and evolve supply chain.
- Managing the subcontract procurement process, scope analysis against client specification, tender reconciliation, sub-contractor comparisons, formation or order, review of commercial terms, and contract award.
- Preparing, submitting and negotiations of all monthly sub-contract project interim and final accounts using database software and/or excel spreadsheets.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date Forecast Final Accounts for presentation to clients.
- Preparing claims for variations to contract and negotiating with the client and supply chain to deliver profitable change.
- Preparing and presenting internal monthly project W.I.P reports at monthly internal Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) meetings
- Manage Risk and Opportunity and present at the CVR.
- Promote and evolve financial control measures
- Forecast cash flow and margin recognition
- Attendance at client’s site project progress meetings including presentation of contractors reports where appropriate.
- Present regular financial feed back to the Estimators on the basis of known costs.
- Maintain accurate records
- Support any dispute resolution claims where appropriate
- Maintain professional approach with supply chain and client to deliver increased profitability projects on.
- Develop the Graduate Quantity Surveyor in all of the above tasks to provide short and long term assistance.
Success in a 6 months will include:
- Will have become established as a key member of the Construction teams within the Surveying function.
- Will have established regular cost feedback review meetings with the Estimators.
Success in 1 year will include:
- Successful completion of design and construction of D&B projects
- Deliver financial, commercial and contractual objectives on education, healthcare and accommodation projects
Success in 3 years will include:
- Developing a surveying team and implementing the surveying process and procedures, in order to manage the commercial elements of the projects for the business in line with the planned growth of the business unit.
- Manage the financial, commercial and contractual matters on projects up to cumulative £20m
- Has held a similar role including the management of multiple live projects.
- Will have a demonstrable track record working for a Design and Build Contractor with project values up to £5m
- Degree educated and MRICS or equivalent.
- Have working knowledge of JCT and NEC3 forms of contract and procedures.
- Able to think fast on your feet
- Clear and effective communicator at all levels
- Has proven experience and ability to work effectively with internal and/or external customers.