Maintenance Engineer required to work for a leading automotive parts supplier based in the Aston area of Birmingham.
The successful Maintenance Engineer will be electrically biased supporting a busy continuous supply plant supplying wheel & tyre assembly. You will provide maintenance support to the site in order to maintain the smooth running of the operation.
Salary £30,000 to £32,000 (working a 3 shift pattern Monday to Friday)
Pension 3% cont, 2 x 6 monthly performance bonus, 25 days hols + stats & free parking
* Repairing & servicing machine tools mechanically or electronically ( mechanical and electrical experience is essential with a strong bias to electrical)
* Fault diagnosis
* Programming PLC ( for elec maintenance staff)
* Reading & understanding engineering drawings
* Organisation of routine servicing schedules
* Checking and calibrating of instruments
* Fitting of new parts
* Quality Inspection
* Updating production managers of works progress
* Oiling and cleaning of all machinery
* Overhauling & replacement of parts
* Maintenance of tools in stores
* Writing f maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
Qualifications & Experience:
* Qualified to HNC level or apprentice trained
* Ideally 3 years experience within a similar position
* Experience within the automotive industry or machine tool manufacture
* Excellent PLC skills ( ideally Fanuc, Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi)
* Ability to read engineering drawings
* A can-do, positive & flexible approach
* Knowledge of Siemens 7S ( desired but not essential)
The successful candidate will require a full driving license as this role may require travel on occasion to other company sites.
The company offer outstanding working conditions and career progression.
Cordant People are an equal opportunity employer.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.