Salary: Circa £45,000 - £55,000 per annum depending upon experience
Location: Head Office, West Bromwich
A new opportunity has been created for a Database Administrator. The role holder will be responsible for the management and administration of the Society’s applications which have databases associated to them. This role will oversee the day to day running of the application and database tasks such as housekeeping, administration, maintenance and security.
- Manage, support and administer the Societies core application and database systems in compliance with SLAs
- Assist in the delivery of Society and Date Centre Services project plans
- Provide 2nd line out of hours support
- Assist Projects with system and database design, implementation, support and understanding requirements set out by the Project Manager
- Ensure releases are implemented following proven release and deployment processes
- Manage, plan and implement quarterly, half yearly and annual database administration processes
Skills & Attributes
- Working knowledge and experience of Oracle 12c and MS SQL Server 2012 through to 2016 databases
- Working knowledge and experience on Oracle technologies such as GRID infrastructure, ASM, RAC, RMAN, OEM, Data Pump, Partitioning
- Working knowledge and experience working with Oracle Data Appliances
- In-depth understanding of MS SQL Server databases related tools and techniques (SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, Activity Monitor)
- Working knowledge of T-SQL and PL/SQL
- In-depth knowledge of security and administration of both Oracle and MS SQL Server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Good attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- Performance related pay scheme
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Corporate discounts
At the West Brom you’ll have every opportunity to take the next step and keep moving: we’re well known for providing excellent development support and always promote from within wherever possible.
Inspired by the Society’s Vision and Values, it’s not just what we do but how we treat our colleagues and customers that makes the people at the West Brom really stand out from our competitors.
Head Office: 2 Providence Place West Bromwich B70 8AF. www.westbrom.co.uk The West Brom is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Register no. 104877. ‘the West Brom’ is a trading name of West Bromwich Building Society.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75452661