Finance Administrator, Birmingham, Immediate start, 35 hours per week,
The main purpose of this role is to work within the Finance Team to reconcile invoices and payments received with amounts expected. You will ensure that all payments received from The Group providers match their anticipated revenue and that any anomalies are identified, investigated and escalated where appropriate. You will use their internal back office system (Intelligent Office) to ensure that their policy records are kept up to date and accurate.
Key role responsibilities:
- Full ownership and responsibility of accurate data entry into back office and accounting systems.
- Reconciliation of cash receipts to outstanding commissions, invoices and debtors.
- Investigating and resolving outstanding commission queries.
- Maintaining professional relationships with providers.
- Monitor cash received and reconcile accurately and efficiently.
- Report on new business income, recurring income and ad-hoc income.
- Calculate and produce accurate and on time invoices
- Provide general financial support to the Financial Planners, and the vendors of businesses we have acquired.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, particularly Microsoft Excel (able to use v look ups and pivot tables).
- Financial reconciliations experience (essential).
- Financial Services experience (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience working within a finance department.
- An instinctive problem solver who is able to use their initiative.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic and team orientated outlook.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and with KPI’s in mind.
- Highly motivated to learn and develop.
- Good communicator, both written and verbally.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload.