Hotel Reservations Consultant
Do you share our love for the vibrant world of hospitality and customer service combined?
Few companies offer the sheer breadth of job opportunities we do! As one of the largest managed pub and restaurant companies in the UK, Mitchells & Butlers operate over 1700 pubs and restaurants, with house-hold brand names such as All Bar One, Miller & Carter, Sizzling Pubs, Vintage Inns and many more!
We have a great opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic Hotel Reservations Consultant, to join our friendly Innkeeper’s Lodge Central Reservations team, based in Birmingham City Centre on a 6-month fixed term basis. In this role, you will be working shifts on a roster covering all days of the week and will also need to be flexible to ensure cover during holiday periods/sickness, to secure reservations for the Innkeeper’s Lodge brand by providing excellent customer service and building relationship with corporate clients. You will also aid the Lodge teams on site by giving them adequate support to enable the guest a great stay.
The work of our Hotel Reservations Consultant is fast paced, reactive but extremely rewarding, and includes:
- Providing all guests, both internal and external with the highest level of customer service, exhibiting interest, enthusiasm and a professional image, to achieve customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Seeking out and create opportunities to maximise profitable sales
- Pro-actively taking and up selling reservations via telephone within the scope of the Hotel rate policies and practices
- Generating maximum revenue through the highest levels of call handling whilst ensuring reservation service excellence
- Handling all email guest enquiries
- Supplying guests with any promotional literature regarding the Brand including information regarding the website
- Having full, up-to-date knowledge of all Hotel rate terms and conditions, brand programmes and current promotions in order to inform customer’s accurate and complete information
- Observing a common-sense approach, observing Reservations guidelines on talk time, busy time and idle time, to achieve customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Supporting the Hotel teams on site with booking and reservation enquiries, opportunities and issues, and to assist in resolution
- Intermediate IT Skills
- Previous work in Hotel Reservations, Hotel Bookings, accommodation industry or similar is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to take and upsell reservations via telephone and email
- Able to enter data accurately with the ability to listen, plan and prioritise within a highly reactive and dynamic environment
- Previous work with a reservations product, such as Rezlynx would be beneficial
What we offer: 33% employee discount in all our pubs & restaurants, pension scheme, healthcare scheme, 'pickaperk’ employee discounts from 100’s of retailers, childcare vouchers, 26 days holiday per year