Audit and Assurance, Financial Services, Internal Audit - Assistant Manager
Deloitte's UK Financial Services Internal Audit Practice provides a full range of high value Internal Audit services to many of the world's leading financial institutions, including but not limited to Banks, Brokers, Insurers, Investment Managers, Investment & Pension Funds and Private Equity businesses.
Our Internal Audit team is aligned to the various service lines and industry teams across Deloitte, and most of our UK Financial Services Internal Audit Management Team have held senior positions in the UK's leading Internal Audit functions. This allows us to combine specialist Internal Audit skills and capabilities with relevant in-depth industry knowledge and experience. Our team also has access to the full breadth of Deloitte's wider expertise in the UK and on a global basis.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide first-class support to our clients by bringing real insights and experience and by building long term strategic relationships with them.
Our core services include the following:
- Outsourced Internal Audit Services (provision of full Internal Audit function to a firm);
- Co-sourced Internal Audit Services (jointly with in-house client Internal Audit team);
- Reviews of the effectiveness of Internal Audit functions;
- Advice and training on methodology and financial services subject matter; and Advice on development and implementation of governance, risk and control frameworks.
The key to delivery of a successful internal audit service is the provision of insight across a range of subject areas. We regularly work with specialists in many areas - including Information Technology, Cyber Risk, Prudential Regulation, Financial Crime, Conduct Risk and Treasury - in order to both add value to our clients and transfer skills and knowledge in these areas to our team members.
We continue to look to expand our team by attracting high performing new members, and are currently seeking a Manager to support this demanding and rapidly expanding business. Deloitte offers successful candidates a unique career opportunity in a supportive, challenging and fast-growing environment.
As a member of our team, reporting to a Senior Manager or Partner/Director, you will:
- Actively participate in, and manage all aspects of, the delivery of high class internal audit services to a range of clients within the Financial Services sector;
- Regularly utilise a range of internal audit methodologies, including advanced techniques such as Data Analytics;
- Actively contribute to process enhancement and the effective financial and risk management of the Internal Audit practice;
- Develop a range of business advisory skills, including the provision of advice on business process enhancement;
- Work closely with a range of Deloitte staff and gain skills and experience in a wide range of areas of relevance and interest to the Financial Services sector;
- Develop and maintain client relationships, working with client staff at all levels up to and including Board members;
- Develop and grow skills in presenting to Audit Committees, and a range of other client governance fora;
- Support the learning and development of a number of junior staff; and
- Regularly participate in our sales and marketing activities.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- A successful candidate is likely to possess some or all of the following characteristics:
- Prior experience of working in an Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Risk Management or Compliance role;
- Prior experience within Financial Services is preferred, but not essential as long as the candidate has a genuine interest in the sector and an ability to learn quickly;
Strong skills in the following areas:
- Business and process analysis;
- Risk assessment and management;
- Project management and leadership;
- Organisational skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Team working;
- Staff coaching and development;
- Ability to use initiative to solve problems;
- Business report writing;
- Financial and risk management;
- Strong knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software;
- Commitment to learning and development;
- Flexibility to travel.
We are Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and ongoing investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer. Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting. As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 137842