Job Title: Reward Manager
Job Type: 6 month contract
Salary: £39,522 - £46,422 DOE
Are you an experienced Reward Manager looking for your next opportunity? Would you like to implement and develop new strategies to help the success of one of the most recognised public sector organisations in Birmingham? If so this is the perfect role for you. A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Reward Manager to work for the West Midlands Police in the heart of Birmingham has now become available.
So what will you be doing?
Your role will be to manage and evolve a world class approach to reward and benefits, to support and promote the benefits platform, working with the suppliers on promotions as well as internal communication.
- To manage the development, initiation and evaluation of a bespoke benefits package for the Force
- Engage with leaders and individuals to encourage engagement with and promotion of benefits and wider recognition of achievement that drives business productivity and improvement.
- To manage bespoke work, as delegated by the Head of Department, to review police staff terms and conditions and pay and grading structures.
- To provide specialist advice to managers on all matters relating to reward and benefits; managing bench-marking pay data, reporting on trends and proactively addressing potential risks.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of reward and benefits initiatives to inform the commissioning of new interventions through the use of benchmark market data
- To manage the performance of third party suppliers and to lead partnership working internally and with other external organisations, agencies and suppliers to maximise reward, benefit and recognition opportunities across the Force
- Develop/engage with professional networks within Policing, with relevant partners and external bodies, to support collaborative reward and benefits approaches
- Promote and market reward and benefits app
- Conduct market competitor analysis
- Develop qualitative and quantitative measures to monitor the effectiveness of the reward and benefits strategy and initiatives
- Provide advice to the Force on all matters relating to reward and benefits.
- Manage reward and benefits risks at a Force level
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experienced in both building and maintaining strong relationships (including commissioning services and working with partners, suppliers and expert advisers)
- MCIPD or equivalent, relevant professional qualification
- Prior experience in implementing and evaluating reward and benefits interventions that have a visible impact on organisational success
- In depth knowledge of employment law, remuneration and reward practices specifically related to pay and benefits
- Experience of leading a reward and benefits function within a large complex organisation (including strategy development and implementation)
- IT literate
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with others.
[Competencies and Behaviours (based on CIPD HR Profession Map) * Professional Competence - Band 2 * Core Competencies - Leading HR; Insights, strategy and solutions * Specialist competencies - Performance and Reward * Behaviours - Collaborative; Decisive thinker; Skilled influencer; Personally credible; Driven to deliver; Courage to challenge; Role model; Curious]
If you feel you have what it takes, apply today!
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit www.randstad.co.uk/how-i-became to find out what you could become.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75460543