Change Communications Manager - Fixed Term 12 Months
We are currently recruiting for a Change Communications Manager to support the mobilisation of an FM Contract, to support ensuring the smooth transition of services of a large scale, national government facilities management (FM) contract.
The purpose of the role is to ensure those affected by the transition are engaged and informed of the changes throughout the mobilisation. The post holder will need to maximise employee adoption and motivate and engage staff to reduce resistance to business change and maximise employee retention. The role therefore will be supporting communications through all project activity and will be based in West Bromwich with some travel to our clients’ national sites as and when required.
This will include designing and delivering the communication strategy to ensure business engagement at all levels during the mobilisation. With a great degree of senior stakeholder engagement, this highly visible role will act to ensure engagement is optimised within the business to drive the success of the mobilisation. Hence we are seeking an individual with a proven track record of delivering successful change and communication plans, including senior stakeholder management engagement. The position will require someone who can demonstrate influencing skills to drive and implement a business wide transformation programme through high levels of change and uncertainty.
Candidates will be required to meet security checks in order to work on the client premises. This is a Fixed Term Contract position until July 2018.
- Develop and deliver a strategic engagement and communications strategy
- Own the creation and development of communications plans and be responsible for all engagement activity
- Write and deliver regular communications key project milestones to targeted audiences, and maintain communication data and information
- Lead a multi-party “People” working group ensuring effected transferees are well engaged
- Develop regular, targeted, feedback channels to ensure that messages are being delivered in a consistent and timely manner
- Evaluate the effectiveness of communications and employee engagement opportunities by gathering and acting on meaningful employee feedback
- Prepare and write good news stories for issuing to the wider
- Provide advice and consultancy on communications, engagement and people related issues
- Work with the Central Marketing and Communications team to ensure all communication activities and materials are consistent and aligned to internal corporate brand identity and strategic direction, that all communications are aligned to corporate messaging and channels and that engagement activities mirror companywide
What we are looking for
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work at all levels within an organisation
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Encourage a cross functional approach to developing solutions
- Understands the challenges facing stakeholders
- Seeks feedback from all customers to improve service levels and develop strong partnerships
- Understands the business and communicates clearly with stakeholders
- Integrate information from diverse perspectives, translating the essential elements
- Ability to influence others in the transition to a common vision or goal
- Internal communications experience with geographically dispersed employees
- Strong diplomacy and influencing skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience developing project engagement and communications strategies
- Experience advising senior managers on communication challenges
- Experience in writing for a variety of audiences
- Strong editing and proof reading skills
- Proficient IT user, preferably with knowledge of managing intranet platforms
- Understanding of digital technologies used in internal communications
- Experience in utilising various types of tools and channels, both online and offline
- The successful candidate must be willing to go client security clearance
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75462643