As one of the world’s leading specialised medical diagnostic companies, Binding Site provides an ideal environment to meet a wide range of career aspirations. Leading the way in delivering innovation to the market our employees meet some of the industry’s biggest challenges and opportunities head on. Our support of industry research and development ensures you can have the opportunity to drive innovation and improve patient lives worldwide.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Decision making, organisational responsibility and accountability for the successful operation of the Raw Material Supply (RMS) section (with support from RMS Manager where required). This includes manufacture and assignment of Raw Materials.
- Fully responsible for ensuring that own assigned jobs and those of reportees are managed properly without day to day input from line manager, so that department objectives can be met within agreed timescales.
- Responsible for ensuring that cover is arranged in the event of planned absence. Delegate work as required.
- Line management responsibilities for designated technicians and assistants.
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with reportees and provide feedback regarding performance and conduct.
- Mentor reportees where appropriate.
- Conduct appraisals and set objectives and development plans for reportees that meet the needs of the department.
- Address performance issues of reportees promptly (e.g. absence, conduct, timekeeping etc.), carry out cause for concern meetings, seeking support/guidance from RMS Manager as required.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of relevant RMS production documentation (PMPs, worksheets and specifications).
- Will be able to critically evaluate equipment and procedures and suggest changes so that efficiency and quality improvements can be made.
- Analyse data to determine whether the results meet the required specification and provide release signatures where necessary.
- Conform to good laboratory practice and health and safety procedures and be able to identify hazards and risks.
- Ensure that correct personal protective equipment (PPE) is used when required.
- Ensure that hazardous chemicals and reagents are handled appropriately according to COSHH regulations.
Knowledge and Skills
- A relevant Scientific degree (or equivalent).
- Supervisory/Management experience.
- Scientific background
- Understanding of a Quality System
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good leadership skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to manage a team.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75460161