Litigation Assistant - Healthcare EL/PL
Brief Description of Role:
Our Healthcare team are looking for a Litigation Assistant to join the Birmingham office to assist with EL/PL matters.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly reputable team, ranked in the top tier for Defendant Clinical Negligence in both Chambers and Legal 500.
Our defendant only practice based in London, Birmingham and Cambridge advises the NHS Resolution, NHS Trusts and medical malpractice insurers of private hospitals and clinics on clinical negligence and personal injury claims.
We also advise on health law advice, regulatory matters and represent clients at inquests and judicial reviews and give guidance on clinical risk management.
Type of Clients:
Healthcare clients, independent hospital groups and practitioners.
Type of Cases:
A wide range of EL/PL claims of mainly low to medium value.
- Strong Academics (2.1 or higher degree) or equivalent
- 1-2 years* paralegal experience in defending employers' and public liability claims.
- Experience of working with NHS Resolution.
- Experience of a diary system/case management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to give and take instruction.
- Ability to apply a forensic approach, but also deliver economic solutions.
- To be proactive and take initiative.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage own time, excellent organisation skills.
- Strong technical and research skills.
*Where a level of post qualification experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a solicitor to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less post experience.