Contract and Performance Manager
Highways Englands are looking to recruit for a Contract and Performance Manager for its offices based in Birmingham.
This Contract Manager role requires specialty technology knowledge and experience to effectively manage and resolve the complex issues experienced by the Regional Technology Maintenance Contract.
The successful applicant will drive the delivery of value for money and the implementation of appropriate commercial governance in all contractual arrangements managed by the Division, ensuring best practice is shared and implemented and that OD adopts a consistent approach in the way it manages its suppliers.
Day to day
- Lead on supplier audits to ensure adherence to the Quality Plan and risks and opportunities are managed effectively and financial exposure is quantified.
- Maintain effective liaison with Procurement Division to ensure that the renewal / tendering of contracts is planned and delivered in line with agreed National Strategy.
- Analyse performance data to ensure consistency of reporting and identify significant variances to challenge underperformance, share effective practice and support benchmarking activity.
- Produce monthly performance reports based upon consistent and robust assessment of evidence.
- Assess and validate approach to measuring performance of suppliers to drive effective practices and inform efficiencies to ensure there is sufficient capability and capacity to deliver the prioritised programme of works.
- Manage compensation events in accordance with contractual and corporate requirements.
- Manage Contract documentation including Early Warnings, Compensation Events and Risk.
- Provide Commercial advice and the preparation and processing of financial approvals for Compensation Events and Cost Reimbursable work streams.
- Representing Highways England's Contractual and Commercial position holding meetings and workshops where required.
- Providing constructive challenge and positive input in respect of Contact interpretation and execution.
- Demonstrable understanding of or experience in roadside technology and interfacing systems
- Good communications skills and ability to collaborate with contractors
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice
- Ability to deliver work accurately on time and within budget
- Innovative- Managing and implementing better ways working
- Proven track record of managing contracts, ideally in a Highways /Construction Industry.
- Ability to deal with complex contract issues, ensuring compliance with Quality Plans
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75459512