Senior Business Analyst - 9 month FTC
Reporting to the Head of Business Change for Central Government and Defence, providing SME knowledge and to work with specific business areas to develop initiatives into change projects the role is a driving force behind initial feasibility of projects and the process of taking an idea and turning it into an actual project.
The Senior Business Analyst role could work on the entire project lifecycle of a project from initial project feasibility, through design and delivery through to Project completion and may on occasions be required to manage other Business Analysts under a matrix structure. The role will work closely with business areas to identify how change can help support their plans and to challenge Business Processes to ensure efficient and cost effective solutions are pursued. The initial areas of engagement will be before a project is initiated (e.g. scoping, research, problem definition), and during the lifecycle phases ensure that the business requirements continue to match the solution delivery.
Individuals will be expected to take a wide view of business' needs and to work with all areas of Business Change and IT to ensure solutions are delivered that are not only fit for purpose, but bring the maximum benefit to the business overall. The role will also have responsibility for requirements, supporting the preparation of detailed business case documents and change management plans in order to inform capital investment decisions.
- Work with business stakeholders, Heads of Business Change as required and IT Teams to identify business and technical solutions.
- Determine feasibility of each solution option, help identify the best solution option and prepare feasibility report.
- Understand and articulate the impacts of change across the full end to end business model with stakeholders.
- Working with Business to assess improvements opportunities from a Business Change perspective
- Support the Bid team in submission of bids for the Business area.
- Ensure the transitional arrangements and business readiness criteria are understood.
- Undertake process and scenario workshops to assess operational impacts of change.
- Organisational modelling and business process modelling, including process improvement.
- Stakeholder management and communications with formal plans and documentation.
- Challenge business stakeholders to ensure they are fully aware of the business strategy and are fully equipped to deliver an efficient and effective solution or to use current product more effectively.
- Knowledge sharing with IT and business stakeholders.
- Responsible for coaching and supporting internal customers at implementation stage.
- Assist with the definition, design and application of business focussed solutions.
- Ability to challenge existing assumptions and enable delivery of a commercially focussed effective solution to the internal customer.
- Determine between business benefit solutions and procedural change requirements.
- Ability to manage conflicting messages to focus on the core business requirements.
- Provide support to Business Analysts allocated to projects aligned to their function or business unit.
- Any other Business Analysis duties as deemed appropriate by the Head of Business Change in relation to project inception or transformation activity
What we are looking for
- Interpersonal confidence and influence.
- Willingness and natural tendency for open communication.
- Professional credibility.
- Ability to create logical/analytical structure.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to take decisive action.
- Specialist confidence and influence.
- Judgment and problem solving in field of expertise.
- Cross functional awareness.
- Attention to detail.
- Process re-engineering and logical design skills.
- Business consulting and general business acumen.
- Personal organization and time management discipline.
- Business and revenue modelling.
- Problem solving.
- Team Building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Conflict Management.
- Consensus Decision Making.
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Managing Politics & Stakeholders.
- Facilitation Skills.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Business Modelling.
- Business Case Development.
- Benefits Management.
- Corrective Actions and Identification of Workarounds.
- Business requirements engineering and management.
- Proven experience operating in a Business Analysis or Business Change environment
- Degree educated
- Ideally ISEB qualified (or working towards)
- Working knowledge of TOGAF would also be desirable
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma or Kaizen.
- Hours worked per week: 37.5
- Full Time
- Based in West Bromwich
Additional job board text
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75478182