Project Engineer - 33659 - up to 2109/hr Ltd Co - Powertrain
A Project Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM. The position will be a long term contract role based in Gaydon, Warwickshire and Whitley, Coventry. Paying a rate of up to £21.09 Ltd Co per hour.
The successful Project Engineer is responsible for the following,
- Manage the team in the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of requirements to support the specific Project using Product Development System principles in conjunction with other company processes as required
- Negotiate / agree on targets for the modules
- Ensure all project deliverables and requirements are monitored, delivered and reported accurately and on time at each gateway and organise and lead appropriate interim review events (e.g. VPD / CFE reviews)
- Manage conflict and issue resolution internal to the Centre of Competence and cross function
- Monitor Powertrain performance and lead / facilitate or escalate cross module / cross CoC problem resolution on all project aspects of content delivery, including virtual build, physical build and launch support
- Represent Powertrain in external communication and status reporting, providing a coherent status for the CoC into the VPD
- Lead and manage input to weekly Programme Steering Team and Vehicle Integration Team meetings and drive the team in the use of tools and processes to manage the completion of deliverables for programme unit gateways
- Work closely with other CoCs, Product Strategy, Advanced Product Creation and Marketing to ensure the project delivers the expected prescribed product actions in a robust manner
- Input to the resolution of AIMs issues and closure
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Experience of programme or project management, meeting demanding timescales, budget control and cost effective delivery essential
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, self-confidence and self-motivation are the personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment, being able to deliver with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Product Development processes and principles are essential in order to support the review and approval of feasible product actions to ensure robust implementation and compatibility with downstream systems through to production.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For further information please contact Teresa Anderson @ Jonathan Lee Recruitment
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75471646