£50,000 – 57,000 + £4,000 Car Allowance + Pension
My client is a £20 million business specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and commissioning of process plant projects for a wide variety of industries including brewery, food manufacturing, distillery and pharmaceuticals.
The business has been trading over 250 years, employs 130 people and is currently going through a growth phase due to several large turnkey project wins in the UK, USA and Europe.
The company can produce full process plant design, electrical and software design for projects as well as the management of the project through site installation and commissioning.
The company are now looking for a talented Project Manager to join the business to take the lead on one of the new major projects they have landed.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the timescales for a project from initial design work through to final commissioning at site. You will typically have a project team of up to 10 people working for you combining process, mechanical, electrical and software design engineers as well as the contractors used for the site installation work.
You will be required to put together the Project Plan from the outset and be responsible for ensuring the project is running to timescale and to budget. You could be managing a budget up to £10 million on a larger project
A project would run as follows:
- Initial design work completed including P&ID’s and CAD drawings for plant manufacture.
- All equipment specifications are completed.
- Purchasing then procure the goods.
- Project goes to site and contract team begin the installation.
- Process and equipment commissioning takes place before handover to the customer.
You will responsible for the control of information flow to the customer for the duration of the project and ensuring all design and engineering activity during the project is completed to the correct technical standard and to schedule. Once all design activity is completed you will be responsible for ensuring the installation and commissioning for the project is completed to schedule.
To be successful in your application for this Project Manager role you will need:
- Strong Project Management capability.
- Background in managing projects within the water treatment, food, beverag, pharmaceutical or any other hygienic process industries.
- The ability to manage multi discipline design teams within projects.
- Great relationship building skills.
- Experience in running projects within an engineering/manufacturing/process industry.
- £4,000 Car Allowance
- Competitive pension
- 25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75468793