Indirect Tax Compliance - Senior Manager
Who We Are Looking for
PwC are the market leaders in global VAT compliance services, providing services too many of the firm’s largest and most important clients. We provide clients with VAT compliance services throughout EMEA and also Asia Pac and Latin America.
Within our IF100 Indirect Tax Compliance team in Birmingham we are looking for an individual with an interest in developing their experience in indirect tax compliance and develop a career within an established team.
Working within the wider team you will be responsible for the management of our largest clients and the efficient delivery of compliance obligations delivered by our CoE. For the portfolio of clients you are allocated you will be ensuring that the process is controlled and streamlines in order that high quality returns are produced and as owner of the client relationship for Indirect Tax compliance you will develop the relationship to bring the best of PwC to the client and the latest information required for them to meet their obligations. You will be responsible for liaising with clients and the wider PwC network.
Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to work on additional global VAT compliance projects and proposals, and managing the team for clients on delivering overseas registrations, e-filing and the potential impact of new overseas Indirect Tax legislation and tax authority audit support etc. It is also anticipated that you will own a particular work stream within the team.
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to build global VAT technical skills, global VAT compliance awareness and the experience of working on complex and challenging assignments. This is an excellent platform for furthering your career within VAT and opportunities for training are available.
The role will be based in Birmingham
About the role
ResponsibilitiesOn a day to day basis responsibilities will include:
- Owning and managing the Indirect Tax Compliance relationship with your clients
- Helping clients get the best from our compliance technology
- Managing deliverable and contractual scope to ensure delivery against compliance obligations
- Ensuring high quality service delivery to our clients;
- Involvement and leading additional project or proposal opportunities
- People management & Coaching/Mentoring junior members of the team
- Liaising and building your profile within the global PwC network;
- Keeping up to date with compliance requirements and practical changes which impact VAT and supporting clients in their understanding and application of these;
- Financial and Risk Management
- Amount of time office based: 90-100%
- Amount of time at client sites: up to 10%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Occasional
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
- Opportunity for working from home?: Yes
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
Successful candidate will need to possess and demonstrate a broader range of capabilities and skills, including:
- VAT technical skills;
- Previous experience in a VAT role (compliance would be an advantage)
- Management experience
- Good analytical and numeric skills including bookkeeping;
- Good communication skills, both oral and written;
- Good self-organisational skills
- Energy and enthusiasm;
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed;
- A commitment to team working;
- An ability to work within a strict timetable and deadlines
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity