Closing date: 20 August 2017 (11.30pm)
We’re looking for a polite and friendly individual with a full driving licence and the ability to undertake heavy lifting, to help us maximise sales and profit by collecting and distributing donations at our charity stores in West Bromwich and the surrounding areas.
Shelter Trading Limited is best known for its national network of charity shops and thriving Christmas card business. We’ve recently opened up a number of furniture stores, which, just like our existing charity shops, sell a range of new and donated items that generate significant income to help finance our cause.
Benefits include 22 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Collect and deliver donated items, including large furniture and electrical items and assist with the redistribution of stock, fixtures and fittings between branches
- Undertake house clearances and transfer appropriate donated goods to the shop
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and maintain accurate mileage records
- Always maintain a high standard of customer service and strict control of the security of goods collected, transported and delivered.
And what you’ll need:
- The positive and helpful attitude it takes to be an ambassador for Shelter
- Excellent customer service skills and respect for people’s property and donations
- A full driving licence and a willingness to travel extensively within, and sometimes outside, the local area
- The ability to adhere to health & safety policies both in the store and at external locations.
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young
people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps over half a million people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.