Procurement Policy & Planning Team Leader
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
As Procurement Policy and Planning Team Leader you will contribute to developing, disseminating and advising on procurement policy, processes and standards, as well as leading on programme planning for the Procurement division and being a focal point for wider collaborative initiatives such as the DfT Group Operating Model.
Day to day
As the source of procurement expertise and advice, yours will be a varied and interesting role that will see you draw upon your wealth of relevant knowledge and use your exceptional interpersonal skills to engender confidence and communicate clearly with the wide range of stakeholders that you will be working with.
Our Procurement Division is expanding rapidly to meet the growing demands of sourcing over £11BN worth of contracts. You will responsible for providing advice and guidance throughout the procurement cycle. You will also contribute to programme planning to ensure appropriate resources are available to meet Highways England's challenging sourcing requirements.
The role is based in Birmingham, with flexible working, training and a wide range of benefits available for the right candidate.
- Proven track record of successfully managing a high performing commercial team in a varied stakeholder environment, developing partnership working and driving continuous improvement
- Strong background in procurement including experience in planning and delivering through the procurement cycle.
- Experience of the public sector procurement process and legislation.
- Ability to take a strategic viewpoint, be detail orientated, have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound understanding of governance processes and the ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Diploma in Procurement and Supply qualification (or equivalent).
We look forward to hearing from you. So we can really get to know you and what you can offer, please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the role, and Highways England, requirements.
And to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible. We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong.
Help keep England moving.
Apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75473641