Senior Operator - Same Day
Within TNT Storage, Fashion and Solutions we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Operator to join our hugely successful and highly effective Same Day team. As a Senior Operator you will play a vital part in providing our customers with exceptional service and supporting the overall TNT Same Day strategy.
Reporting in to the Regional Operations Manager - Same Day, your role will provide full support to the Same Day operations ensuring our customers' full contractual requirements are met and that business results are achieved.
You will have direct influence over service and cost performance for operations and customers in your Regional Operating Centre. You will also be responsible for internal and external customer experience, employee engagement, customer and driver retention, managing operational costs and productivity, whilst ensuring compliance with regulations and all relevant TNT policies and procedures.
In addition to your operational responsibility you will also be responsible for leading, motivating, developing and empowering your direct team, through effective communication, regular performance feedback and team building. You will have strong people management skills and a proven track record of successfully leading a team.
Other responsibilities will also include:
- Direct management and accountability for the operational performance including managing operational costs and identifying cost efficiency opportunities where possible
- Manage a team of 10 Operators within your Regional Operating Centre
- Manage the end-to-end sub-contractor engagement process.
- Ensure the quality of our service provided meets or exceeds the divisional targets, maintaining the most efficient and cost effective utilisation of resources.
- Support the Regional Operations Manager with potential new projects.
- Plan and organise resources to achieve successful implementation of continuous improvement projects
- Ensure correct implementation of new and existing structures, policies and processes.
- Monitor on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis the location key performance indicators and take corrective actions when targets are not achieved.
- Work with cross-functional colleagues to ensure that processes are consistently applied and refined to improve the customer experience.
- Attend monthly performance reviews with the Regional Operations Manager - Same Day, to identify areas for improvement and agree action plans accordingly.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Working knowledge of the Same Day operations
- Experience of operating in the Same Day environment
- Strong people management skills
- Proven track record of personal development
- Experience of managing suppliers (companies and sole traders)
- Strong knowledge of TNT operational processes and systems
- Aptitude to communicate at all levels across the TNT business
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to build relationships and influence operational change and service improvement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75474077