MandM Direct has over 30 years experience of trading. Led by our Board of Directors, we are now one of Europe’s leading online, off-price retailers. We offer big brands at low prices - with over 3 million customers and 57 million website visits per year.
We are looking to recruit a Developer to join our IT Development team. Reporting to the Head of Development, you will be responsible for developing website and services ensuring a consistently high level of quality. You will be involved with the technical design and will work within a development team.
Main duties will include:
- Developing and improving the website and services code base, either from scratch or by adapting existing code and graphics to meet business requirements
- Ensuring that coding standards and principles are followed by performing peer reviews of the code and content changes
- To ensure the features developed are produced to the highest possible quality in the fastest possible time and no less
- Remaining up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Ensuring that the Agile Software Development Life Cycle is followed
- Improving the website and identify any functional, technical or performance problems providing suggestions for improvements and coding them.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Demonstrable expertise developing websites and services using the full Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience developing with .NET, C# and API’s
- Experience developing services and web applications
- Experience developing in a cloud environment preferably using the Google Cloud Platform
- Very strong attention to detail
- Confident and works well as a team member
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and always think outside the box to achieve our vision
- Analytical in approach, tenacious and driven by results
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications and strategy and implementation communication
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Location and hours:
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and will be based at our head office in Leominster, Herefordshire.