Alexander Daniels is currently working with a leading steel company based within the Black Country, who produces a wide range of products from sheet metal to structural steel and pipe work.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience working with steel plate, steel section and pipe/tube in a variety of materials typically carbon and stainless steel with a general thickness range from 3mm to 50mm. Hold a high standard of welding using MIG/TIG/ARC
You will be expected to:
- MIG/TIG/MMA weld to a high standard
- Hold experience in the safe use of fabrication shop machinery. Typically overhead cranes, hydraulic guillotine, hydraulic press pinch/pyramid plate rollers , radial arm drilling machine and band saws
- Use of Oxy-fuel and plasma cutting equipment, band & circular saws, and other hand tools including Angle Grinders and rota-broach
- Work to a high quality, Adhering to deadlines and health & safety
- Read technical engineering drawings
- Mark out steel
- Use of workshop machinery
- Plating and fabrication of steelwork and sheet products
- Tacking parts in place
The successful candidate will have gained knowledge/experience in the manufacture of one and ideally more of the following products;
Silos, hoppers, sheet metal ducting, pressure vessels and associated pipe work, furnaces/kilns/boilers, transport frames, factory / agricultural structural steel buildings and medium to heavy process plant.
Coded qualifications are not essential but previous experience working to these standards would be an advantage!
This is a temporary to permanent contract offering £10 - £12.00ph Plus fantastic overtime rates