Sling & Lifting Equipment Inspector - East Birmingham
Position: Sling & Lifting Equipment Inspector
Location: Field based - East Birmingham
Job type: Permanent, Full Time 39hrs a week
Salary: £20,500 + Bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen at ArjoHuntleigh for a Sling and Lifting Equipment Inspector to join the Service team in the East Birmingham area on a permanent basis, inspecting Slings, Patient hoists, Assisted baths in Hospitals, Nursing Homes and in the community.
Working to Service procedures in an efficient and productive manner to complete routine inspections to meet Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER , while providing an excellent after sales customer service to through effective communication and engagement.
Ideally you will have previous experience working in a similar role and be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Qualifications: City and Guild/NTEC/ONC or similar qualifications in mechanical/electrical engineering - Desirable.
- Work Experience: Mechanical/electrical engineering experience - Essential.
- Be conversant with ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007, the Company’s Integrated Management System - Desirable.
- Willing to undertake training as required, obtaining and developing skills and knowledge base.
- Excellent communication skills both over the telephone and face to face. Demonstrating a high level of customer service, professionalism and compassion for others at all times, confidently handling difficult conversations with customers.
- Able to problem solve and seek solutions logically in challenging situations using initiative and resourcefulness.
- Demonstrate a motivated and passionate approach to work, taking ownership for tasks. Planning and organising to manage time and workload effectively.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality and respect the privacy and dignity of patients during visits.
- Activity participates and co-operate with other members of staff to improve and develop a high standard of service.
As well as your technical skills, you will have excellent communication and customer service skills to enable you to provide the exemplary level of service we strive to offer. Therefore your personality, enthusiasm, energy and positivity are essential for us to build long term relationships with our Service customers and ultimately play a key role in driving the business forward.
We will provide you with an excellent package including competitive salary, overtime, bonus and a favourable shift rota. You will also be issued with a company van, tools, uniform, iPad and smart phone. Upon commencement of employment we will also provide you with comprehensive product training at our dedicated Technical Training Centre based in Gloucester.
Full product training will be provided.
- Due to the nature of the role an Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) Disclosure will be required (at the company’s cost)
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance to the area covered
- A full driving licence is required as you will be required to drive a company van
We are a global medical devices company with operations in over 100 countries. Our product portfolio encompasses specialist medical beds, mattresses, hoists, and DVT prevention equipment. We believe in ensuring the comfort and dignity of patients and residents and providing a safe working environment for caregivers and nurses.
In everything we do - we do it with people in mind.
A career with us gives you plenty of professional challenges. You will become part of an international company with a strong corporate culture and with ambitious plans for continued growth.
Strictly no agencies please.