Plant Operations Manager/Operations Planning Manager-Rail Plant
Job Title: Plant Operations Manager
Based in Stafford, our client is a successful and expanding specialist operated rail plant hire business, providing a modern fleet of innovative road/rail machinery throughout the UK. They supply directly to both Network Rail and the major infrastructure contractors.
The role for the successful candidate will include (but is not limited to):
- Overseeing and being involved with customer requirements relating to hire and the planning of work.
- Authorising machine and operator placement.
- Close liaison with clients and all other operational aspects of the business, including Transport, Maintenance and Training
- Understanding the forthcoming work bank and forecasting operator and machine requirements, including ongoing capital acquisition.
- Involvement with tendering and pricing.
- Reporting to the Operations Director.
- Well organised team leader - able to manage and prioritise workload in an ever changing environment
- Excellent verbal / communication skills with a customer focused attitude
- Adaptable, flexible and reliable
- Accuracy and close attention to detail
- Computer literate
An adequate knowledge of rail plant and the rail industry is desirable but not essential. Appropriate specific training and fleet familiarisation will be provided as necessary.
Although some travel to site or client premises will be required, applicants must be able to commute to/from Stafford, as the role will be predominately office based.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Plant Operations Manager, Operations Planning Manager, Dispatch Coordinator, Planning Coordinator, Logistics Controller, Operations Coordinator, Despatch Coordinator, Vehicle Coordinator, Hire Planning Manager, Operations Planner will also be considered for this role.