HR Business Partner NS, Warwick Fixed Term Contract
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
- To provide quality guidance and support, in developing and progressing people management solutions to achieve business objectives.
- To use workforce intelligence to identify people management requirements and performance issues, in conjunction with the HR Service team, develop and implement plans to address issues.
- To take the HR lead in working parties and project teams, promoting best practice and sound innovation in dealing with challenging people situations.
- Coach, support, mentor and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and practices, and provide advice and guidance on complex HR issues in a clear and concise manner in order to minimise risk and financial exposure.
- To assist the HR team in the direction of the service and to assess the impact of major policy and legislative change. To assist developing strategies to improve the service and address both the challenges and opportunities arising from such policy and legislative changes.
- To increase the perceived value of HR to all stakeholders.
- To ensure that all relevant legislative requirements, including those relating to diversity, sexual orientation, disability and age are embedded in the development of project and policy work and in all the advice provided to managers and others.
- To drive and support the development and delivery of cultural change plans and interventions which support the improvement of employee engagement.
- To lead and participate as required in HR working groups involved in the development and promotion of HR policy and procedures.
- To work in partnerships with managers in the development and maintenance of good working relationships with the Trade Unions.
- To work in partnership with other support service areas including Finance, IT and TSS across the full range of work on projects, procedures and policy development.
- It is essential to the development of the HR Service that the postholder is able to respond flexibly and positively to changes in the requirements of this post.
- The job description is therefore a guide to the level and responsibilities the postholder will be expected to undertake initially, but the duties of this post may be altered from time to time in order to meet changing demands. It will not form part of the post holder's contract of employment.
- Behaviours - Service.
- Service Ongoing and taking responsibility for issue.
- Customer Service.
- Proactive in support others across HR.
- Behaviours - Commitment.
- Continues to work towards goals despite setbacks.
- Positive attitude to new ideas and change.
- Delivers work professionally and on time.
- Organised, able to prioritise work.
- Ability to look beyond immediate situation can see future consequences.
- Understands implications of people decisions for the business.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.