Sales Manager/Head of Sales - B2B
This is an exciting opportunity for a sales manager/sophisticated consultative sales professional to join a global B2B publisher at an exciting time - they show strong year-on-year growth - you'll be at the heart of their sales activities in support of premium subscription information services, advertising opportunities and a thriving events and training programmes.
We're looking for experienced individuals with drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you'll find this company a stimulating place to work and progress your career.
The role will suit a mature individual with a solid background in sales management who is capable of working effectively with product, management and sales teams to develop the sales operation and ensure this company take full advantage of the commercial opportunities ahead.
Managing a team of 7 Account Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing day-to-day sales department operations
- Managing the sales team to ensure quarterly targets are met/exceeded
- Reviewing and developing telesales and key account management processes
- Maximising the value of renewed subscriptions
- Identifying opportunities to create additional cross-offerings and synergies based on client /industry demand
- Networking with clients, attending industry events and building strategic relationships to enhance brand capital and opportunities for new business
- Working with relevant industry groups to develop partnerships
- Seeking and exploiting new business opportunities to achieve sales targets
- Leading the development of business propositions in order to sell a high-value, enterprise class 'suite' of services to key accounts, globally
- Personally conducting key customer visits with the purpose of migrating key accounts to a renewable, enterprise class offering
- Working with the marketing team to ensure sufficient supply of inbound/outbound sales leads
- Undertaking targeted outbound campaigns to drive sales pipeline
- Targeting and tracking progress on relevant IT and CRM systems
- Providing accurate and timely reports and forecasts
- Providing market forecasting to support the company's successful growth strategy
- Prepare annual department plans
- Working with key internal stakeholders to progressing the development of new solutions
- Developing sales team skills through a mix of internal and external training
Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years B2B (consultative) sales experience and must have successfully managed a sales team focused on telesales and/or account management activities.
Any experience in B2B publishing and/or high value information products/services would be welcomed.
To be considered for this role you will also need to demonstrate:
- A strong sales background with an ability to apply business development techniques to develop and shape long-term opportunities into a successful outcome
- An ability to sell high value solutions to professional B2B audiences
- Ability to influence and negotiate, developing channel partnerships
- An ability to meet and/or exceed targets
- Strategic thinker, with operational delivery capability
- Ability to manage and forecast sales cycles
- CRM pipeline management skills
- Team player, able to work both individually and on team projects
- A professional approach: articulate, honest, innovative and client-service orientated
- First rate customer management skills, coupled with strong listening and communications skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills as well as ability to articulate complex product information to sales teams, prospects and/or customers both in person and over the phone
- Strong organisational and time management skills coupled with the ability to embrace change
- Excellent all-round commercial awareness
- Ability to interact with senior executives
Competitive salary plus laptop/phone and there is likely to be international travel. There is definite progression potential to senior management level with this company/role. For more details please apply with full CV and salary expectations.