We are recruiting an exciting Production Manager role to work with a rapidly expanding Manufacturing company based in Staffordshire. After a sustained period of growth, added to expansion in a number of lucrative markets, this position is looking for potential candidate's who have substantial experience in a sheet metal fabrication environment and have excellent lean experience in which they can demonstrate a focus on improving RFT and OEE.
Our Client is one of the largest independent Manufacturers in the UK. After continuous growth over the last couple of years at their site in Staffordshire and a number of exciting projects due to launch, they are now looking to bring in a Production Manager who can continue the business on their lean journey. Given the size and scope of the business added to significant opportunities throughout, this opportunity provides real career progression within the business as a Production Manager.
Reporting directly into the Operations Director, this role will;
- Create detailed training programmes for all team Leaders that will be transmitted to the shopfloor in order to produce high quality product within key metrics of quality, cost and delivery
- Monitor and improve plant performance by introducing process plan's and SOP's which look to achieve increased output
- Lead and develop continuous improvement activities across site such as Kaizen, 5s and value stream mapping events which focus on Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Drive and monitor OEE improvements to increase efficiency
- Ensure procedures are compliant with standards for Quality, Environmental and H&S
- Extensive experience of working in a fast paced high volume industry. Preferably Automotive
- Strong knowledge of sheet metal or metal processes
- Good knowledge of lean principles: SMED, 5s, standardisation
- Strong ability to engage with people at all levels
GBP40,000 - GBP45,000 + benefits