Summary of role
Our client wholly owns several subsidiary companies for which it provides financial and management services. An opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the management services company whilst working as part of the finance team for one of its subsidiaries.
The Accounts Assistant will take a proactive role in supporting the Financial Accountant in the daily, monthly, and statutory reporting for the Centre. In addition, as part of the Centres finance team the individual will interact with both financial and non-financial staff of the Centres businesses which incorporates several operating businesses, primarily in the food, drink, and hospitality sector
There will also be a requirement to work directly with the Group Accountant and the finance team of the Parent Company; to support the standardisation and alignment of the businesses.
Principle Job Responsibilities
- Daily cash and banking procedures
- Ensure all sales and receipts are processed and reconciled
- Investigate any overs/unders on cashing-up
- Liaison with other department and security company as necessary
- Sales and purchase ledger processing
- Ensure all invoices and payments are processed in a timely manner
- Clear down and matching of internal transfers
- Set up and liaison with suppliers and customers
- Credit control
- Housekeeping of ledgers and ordering system
- Bank processing and reconciliation
- Nominal Ledger journal posting and month end reconciliations
- Ad hoc variance analysis and reporting to support the Financial Accountant and departmental managers
- Actively review processes and procedures with a view to constantly improve ways of working
- Maintenance of employee records
- Payroll processing for fortnightly and monthly payrolls
- Maintenance of the Opera Payroll system and Rota Horizon time and attendance system
Monthly / Quarterly Reporting:
- Reconciliation and re-allocation of costs coded to suspense accounts, to enable the analysis of margins, departmental performance, and preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Review and reconcile the monthly financial results providing drivers for the variances to the Financial Accountant, to support the preparation of the monthly Board report.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports including the VAT return and National Statistics
- Support in the production of schedules for the year-end audit and maintain files with supporting documentation.
- Support the half yearly stock count and play a key role in the development of a cycle count stock system.
- Provide ad-hoc work to support both the Financial Accountant and Group Accountant as required
- Support the various departments to resolve financial issues, and help to develop peoples knowledge of the wider business impact.
- Be proactive in investigating and resolving problems, as well as supporting and suggesting process improvements.
Qualifications and Experience
- AAT qualified to level 4 (ideal but not required)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a finance role, to support a good understanding of internal controls and business partnering.
- Experience of SAP Business One / Opera Payroll preferred but not essential
- Strong Excel skills (Minimum ability to be able to work with formulae, Look Up and Pivot tables)
- The Centre is a growing business and it is extremely important that candidates have a pro-active approach to continuous improvement and change.
- Excellent communicate skills across all levels of a business; both financial and non-financial setting
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet targets and deadlines with changing priorities and interruptions
- Attention to detail with an investigative mind
- Ability to identify and resolve problems without direct supervision
This is a fantastic role for the right people, if that sounds like you then please send your CV to or call on . Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK need apply.