GBP32,000-GBP35,000 dependant on experience + package with flexible working around core hours
Located in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, my professional services client are looking for a PR Manager to join Marketing team.
We are looking for someone to be responsible for enhancing and managing the reputation of the business through an integrated public relation strategy, that leverages both tradition and modern channels. Currently, the business has little to no social media presence, and given the importance of this channel in today's environment, we want to ensure that social media becomes a key pillar when it comes to relationship management with the City.
The PR Manager will be responsible and accountable for:
- Manage media engagement with the industry in the UK and be responsible for events such as round tables, educational sessions and one on ones.
- Drafting, gaining approval and issuing externally focused content such as press releases, opinion pieces, quotes
- Liaise with and manage senior internal stakeholders to ensure relevant and effective messages reach our public relations
- Increase client and media awareness through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Implement an effective PR and two-way social engagement to identify opportunities to add value through the use of new social and PR channels
- Keep up to date with financial external and communications research, techniques and approaches, including digital and social communications where appropriate
You will also be required to read and understand the 'Social media and customer communications' guide set by the FCA to ensure the business remains compliant when communicating to an audience.
Skills & experience:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years' experience in PR and Communications roles, covering stakeholder engagement, issues and crisis PR, driving PR and communications strategies.
- Experience working within the financial services industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent CIPR or equivalent public relations qualification.
- Experience running communications and public relations campaigns which were professionally evaluated and delivered to strict deadlines and budget.
- Experience in communication planning including stakeholder and situation analysis.
- Ability to monitor media, establishing key performance indicators for media outcomes and social media measurement.
- Good understanding of social media tools and techniques
- Good network of contacts and understanding of the differing types of media
- Strong storytelling and writing skills and ability to produce clear, engaging narrative
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to deliver accurate PR copy on time.
In addition to the supportive and collaborative work environment, you can expect:
- A 35 hour week
- Free/discounted financial advice
- Share options
- A health benefit cash plan
- Complimentary after-work classes
- Childcare vouchers
We are looking for people who are innovative thinkers and solution seekers, ready to roll up their sleeves and motivated to get things done. We aims to be the first choice for wealth management and advice in the UK by being client-focused, and serving with integrity, transparency, mutual trust and respect.