Stock Controller - Store Based
Help Resourcing Limited are working with a large independent builders merchant. They have five stores in London and Hertfordshire with over 280 staff and sell 22,000 different building, electrical, plumbing and DIY products to the construction industry.
They are a family run organisation who offer a very competitive package with great prospects within the company. They are also extremely well established with nearly 40 years experience in the industry.
Please take time to read the job specification below and If you feel you have the right skills for this position please apply today.
Job Title :
Open (5 London Branches)
07:30 - 17:30 or 07:00 - 17:00 (With 1 hour break)
Stock Control & Branch Manager
To maintain control of the stock on hand. To ensure accurate records by overseeing the correct receipt, storage, distribution and sale of product maintaining quantities adequate for current needs, without excessive oversupply or loss.
To support the company's profitability by ensuring accurate stock holding, using appropriate methods of investigation to identify and resolve issues impacting on incorrect positions, to protect assets and secure a more efficient process of work.
- To run daily stock enquiry reports, launching necessary investigation, to take appropriate action, assuring continuity of supply and ability to report & record accurate information.
- Resolve stock issues to reduce and prevent stock loss by ensuring stock management is carried out in line with company policy / procedure. To maintain a minimum requirement of 90% accuracy.
- To ensure stock records are correct and match the physical holding on site.
- Respond quickly to problems and discrepancies identified.
- Monitoring inventory levels to ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system within agreed parameters; processing adjustments, updating stock locations, and monitoring outstanding transactions.
- Collect and compile daily damage reports, taking appropriate action.
- Oversee the return process to reduce impact on the current stock.
- Coordinate and manage daily physical cycle counts and reconcile if actual counts report.
- Respond to enquiries regarding products and inventories.
- Provide direction and assistance to colleagues as needed.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the business.
- Be available for all dates specific to the stock control function as required (adequate notice provided).
- To be present at each branches end of year full inventory to support overall achievement of improved stock accuracy.
- Responsive, responsible and adaptable.
- Self-starter, motivated and willing to learn.
- Bright and articulate, with good organisation skills.
- Able to take instruction, but think and work well independently, as well as within a team, managing own time keeping to resolve issues in a robust fashion.
- Dynamic thinker, who is IT literate, and can use hands on experience to drive their work focus.
- Ability to prioritise work load and works well under pressure, can react to changes within real time.
- Excellent communication skills and methodical thinking.
- The ability to carry out administrative tasks, basic mathematics and understand business operations.
- 2 years' experience in previous and/or similar position (s).
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to successfully short-listed applicants. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of sending your application, please presume that you have not been successful on this particular occasion