RIIO Regulation Cyber Security Lead
Cyber Security Consultant required to act as RIIO Regulation Lead for a large energy supplier based in Warwickshire.
The RIIO Regulation Lead will assist the Global Business Security Manager to express and detail significant changes in the cyber threat landscape since the original regulatory allowances were set in 2013.
This will involve:
Articulating why we are delivering a programme of work which has been designed with the ability to adapt to the continuously changing cyber threat landscape. This is being delivered in two phases and we are aiming to recoup funding from OFGEM. Act as Digital Risk and Security (DR&S) point of contact for the UK Regulation team. Developing relationships to articulate key security risks and threats for the present day but also for the prior five years. Obtain relevant information from internal sources and develop into written text as part of our submission to OFGEM.
- Demonstrable experience of providing high quality deliverables that explain historical and present cyber risk and threat to a very high standard.
- Business relationship management skills and experience at all levels internal and external.
- Significant changes in cyber threat landscape have happened since the original regulatory allowances were set in 2013. It is necessary to make changes to enhance our security and protect our systems. We are delivering a programme of work which has been designed with the ability to adapt to the continuously changing cyber threat landscape.
- Regulation have been working closely with Digital Risk & Security to consider and agree which investments should be recommended for inclusion in the May 2018 System Operator Enhanced Security reopener.
Internal: Daily interaction with UK Regulation team who oversee the submission. Our role is to present subject matter expertise ostensibly in written documentation.
- Regular interactions with the DR&S Sub Teams:
- Cyber Security Operations. General awareness of threats and defensive actions needed, e.g. phishing attacks.
- Risk and Compliance. Highlighting new risks and risk trends. Understanding current risk trends to be communicated to the business.
- Security Architecture. Raising awareness of business projects to the Consulting team in order to highlight where we can assist to embed improved security measures.
- Working with key business leaders and governance committees to establish the need for security investment;
- Potentially presenting to OFGEM and/or BEIS representatives.
We can accommodate for an immediate or delayed start for the right candidate so if you are available, or are close to being available, please respond with your CV and I will arrange a chat to discuss this opportunity further.