Not for Profit Auditor – Part Qualified, BDO, Birmingham
An Audit Semi-Senior will form part of the audit team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. The post holder will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit group.
This role will be recruited into the Not for Profit (NfP) audit team, working on clients in the social housing and education (higher and further education) sectors.
• Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given..
• Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records.
• Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
• Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
• Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
• Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the senior or Manager.
• Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
• Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the senior or Manager.
• Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
• Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group.
• Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group..
• Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
• Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
• Part ACA/ICAS qualified or equivalent.
• Educated up to degree level or CTS.
• Experience of working with housing and/or education clients
• Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and sector specific SORPs
• Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance,
• Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.