Conference and Events Business Development Manager
A very established venue is looking for a Conference and Events Business Development Manager to join their growing team. This is a new position and the role will involve heading up the commercial team and growing the revenue of the venue through its hire of multi-purposes spaces, meeting rooms, as well as overseeing the promotion of ticket sales and food and beverage packages. You will cultivate new business opportunities, attend networking events and identify sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage client enquiries for corporate events, functions, weddings, meetings, conferences, private parties and performances alongside the Operations Manager.
- Manage the Sales and Marketing Assistant and Box Office staff.
- Identify new business opportunities and build contacts to increase interest in the venue.
- Oversee box office sales to maximise revenue.
- Attend networking events and work with key organisations across the region to promote new and existing business areas within private hires.
- Be the first point of contact for hire enquiries from initial contact to post event invoicing converting enquiries into profitable sales developing relationships to maximise opportunities from repeat business.
- Provide current and potential hirers with information, date availability, quotations, hire packages, site tours, plans, images, technical information and supplier information.
- Devise imaginative, flexible and creative offers on all spaces which will appeal to the largest number of potential clients.
- Promote the venue for civil wedding ceremonies, civil partnerships and wedding receptions.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of the marketing budget to drive sales.
- Proven experience in securing sales and new business ideally within a Hotel, Theatre, Conference Centre or venue.
- An excellent communicator who enjoys meeting potential clients and negotiating with them in an enthusiastic and motivated manner.
- Excellent administration, budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Ability to manage own workload and work autonomously.
- Ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends.
Salary £40-£45,000 OTE £50-£55,000 uncapped
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75120113