Customer Service Representative, Birmingham
Customer Service Representative, Birmingham £16,000 Starting Salary
Some careers open more doors than others.
At our Birmingham Contact Centre we are focused on creating an engaging working environment, whether you want a career that will take you to the top, or simply in a new exciting direction, HSBC offer opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. Our Contact Centre is based in the heart of Birmingham just a 5 minute walk from Birmingham New Street Station.
When you join our team in Birmingham, from day one you'll have access to a competitive benefits package, including:
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Bupa healthcare for you and your family worth up to £775
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of up to 17% *
- Life assurance (4x base salary)
- 25 days' holiday, plus 8 public and bank holidays - with the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days
- My Choice - our flexible benefits scheme
At HSBC we're all about exceeding our customer's expectations. Our Customer Service Representatives deliver a superior service to each and every individual who calls our Contact Centre in Birmingham. We're looking for supportive and enthusiastic people on a full time basis to join our inbound customer service teams. Banking and Contact Centre experience are not essential. What we're really interested in is a genuine passion for going above-and-beyond for our customers - everything else we can teach you!
What will I be doing as a Customer Service Representative?
- Act as first point of contact for John Lewis Partnership cards customers
- Listen to customers and ensuring all their needs are correctly interpreted and actioned accordingly.
- Provide excellent service, going above and beyond customer's expectations on every single call.
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too!It doesn't matter if you've never worked in a Contact Centre before, we pride ourselves in delivering some of the best training out there. You will have great communication skills and have a willingness to go above and beyond on every single call.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
It doesn't matter if you've never worked in a Contact Centre before, we pride ourselves in delivering some of the best training out there. You will have great communication skills and have a willingness to go above and beyond on every single call.
You'll start on a salary of £16,000 and since we're passionate about you and career progression, we will ensure you go through a really thorough induction programme.
We're here when our customers need us so you'll need to be flexible in the hours you work, we operate a rotating shift pattern as our site is open 7am to 11pm, 365 days a year. You will be required to work 35 hours a week.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.