Manager - Casework Investigator
Manager - Casework Investigator
Birmingham, West Midlands
c£40,000 DOE Plus 26 Days’ Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days’ Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Childcare Voucher Scheme (subject to statutory tax rules), Additional Benefits Package
Great Britain’s gambling industry is in a constant state of change, fuelled by shifting consumer behaviour and the rapid growth of technology. It’s high profile politically too, and the legislation controlling gambling is constantly under scrutiny. Within this uniquely challenging and evolving environment, The Gambling Commission’s role is to ensure that gambling is crime free, fair and open - and that children and vulnerable people are protected. Now they need you to play a key role in their future, driving the change needed to ensure that the Gambling Commission can meet the growing complexity of the market and their developing regulatory remit.
The Gambling Commission are now looking for two Managers to join the Casework and Intelligence programme which works with cases arising from regulatory breaches and unlicensed activity.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an investigation professional with a great leadership style and a policy, regulatory or enforcement background to take on a new challenge with a leading regulator.
As a Manager, you will line-manage work of a team of Casework Investigators as they deal with complex or high impact issues that have arisen from breached regulations or unlicensed gambling activity.
You will act as a workstream leader and will take responsibility for the delivery and performance of workstream(s) and the management of a multi-disciplinary team who are assigned work on a case-by-case basis.
In this hands-on role, you will take on some of the more complex, high risk, criminal and regulatory cases, determining how they will be progressed and implementing suitable risk control measures.
Balancing conflicting pressures and resources for both personnel and workstreams, you will act in an advisory capacity for your team and an expert in a particular specialism.
Additionally, your role will include:
- Engaging with a gambling licence holder’s senior personnel and legal providers to communicate complex issues and request information
- Taking responsibility for a high standard of work that is delivered in a timely and cost-effective way
- Providing support and cover across the programme and undertaking key consultation, reporting, policy and operational updates
- Working with stakeholders including national and international bodies agencies and regulators
- Organising evaluations and lessons learned exercises, ensuring best practice is captured and disseminated effectively
So, is this the role for you? If so, you will need:
- Experience of managing and conducting evidence based investigations and being able to articulate findings in the context of breaches to legislation or required rules and regulations
- Experience in a policy, regulatory or enforcement environment
- Experience of managing and developing multi-skilled staff
Professional and courteous, as a Manager, you will need to be a strong advocate of the Commission’s work, a role model for correct behaviour and an ambassador for organisational culture and ways of working.
Please note, the closing date for this role is the 11th August 2017.
To apply for the role of Manager (Casework Investigator), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Manager, Casework Investigator, Senior Caseworker, Senior Investigator, Regulatory Investigation Manager, Casework Manager, Senior Regulatory Caseworker.