Deputy Night Manager
An exciting role has arisen for a Deputy Night Manager with an industry leading distribution organisation in Birmingham
Manage the resources available in order to achieve accurate packing, and accurate and timely delivery of the Newspaper and Magazine product, within the agreed budgets.
Key Results Area
Within agreed Key Performance Indicators, (KPI's):
- To maintain an efficient, cost effective transport service and to meet legal, operating and customer service requirements.
- Accurate receipt and input of information of newspapers received.
- Accurate packing of all newspaper and magazine product productively.
- Management of retailer claims to minimize waste.
- Operates within agreed location budgets.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparing for and attending all relevant senior management meetings at the Group House
- Preparing all relevant management information for publishers along with internal reports.
- Ensuring a professional hand-over takes place between each shift
- Setting goals for team members and self-using the My Goals system and ensuring these are achieved.
- To have a working PDP or DAP in place.
- Identifying potential in the team and ensures relevant development plans are in place in line with the Talent Management Strategy.
- Identifying poor performance and taking appropriate action.
- Training and coaching all employees within the team
- Planning the likely volumes and resource requirements for the week ahead.
- Auditing all processes regularly to ensure compliance.
- Liaising with publishers and third party distributors.
- Liaising with Customer Services to obtain feedback on service levels.
- Ensuring all standard operating practices are adhered to.
- Ensuring that Company health, safety and security standards are maintained.
- Performing health and safety risk assessments, and quarterly Audits
- Maintaining high standards of housekeeping at all times.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of their own performance and that of the location.
- Covering for other members of the Management Team within the Group when required to do so.
- Ensuring customer documentation is dispatched accurately
- Claims management
- Previous experience of managing or supervising a team
- Previous experience of training and developing team members
- Awareness of health and safety standards
- Experience of setting and achieving KPIs
- Previous experience of working night shifts
- Previous experience of the newspaper and magazine distribution industry
- Experience in using the SAP system
- Previous warehouse experience