Supply Chain Specialist
I am recruiting a Supply Chain Specialist for a world renowned engineering business. The role is permanent, in Warwickshire paying up to £55,000 per annum + benefits. An aerospace/manufacturing background is an absolute necessity.
A vacancy has arisen for a Supply Chain Specialist within the Procurement team, Performance Products division, supporting all UK sites. The role will support and drive improvement in both current production and NPI activity.
- Lead the SCM team in cradle to grave project support from supplier identification, contracting strategy and programme transition from concept through to production supply
- Meeting with Clients, internal and external, to discuss/define requirements and coordinate supply chain activities between suppliers, clients and Engineering/project teams
- Maintain and promote relationships with clients and suppliers
- Procurement of project goods including bespoke parts/tooling manufactured from drawing, along with design/development, and other technical services
- Competitive bidding (RFQ), negotiating prices/added value and reporting cost-reduction achievements
- Liaising with suppliers and Engineering teams on design feasibility issues, expediting orders and agreeing concessions or return rejects
- Control spend against budget and forecasting to completion of project
- Identification & evaluation of potential supply partners (working closely with SQA)
- Negotiation, contracting, and risk evaluation of/with UK and international suppliers
- Ownership of the end-to-end, purchase-to-pay process for projects assigned
- Coordination and Maintenance of supplier held tooling registers
- Actively supporting the Ricardo procurement & SCM community in identification & development of procurement best-practise across all business divisions.
- Take an active involvement in make vs buy strategy in conjunction with our manufacturing teams
- Identifying and implementing a PSL across a diverse supply chain in conjunction with operational procurement team
- Strong data management skills and IT literacy. Experience with SAP & Baan Purchasing an advantage
- Ability to work in a cross functional team including, but not limited to, Procurement/NPI/Engineering/Logistics and manufacturing.
- Attention to detail, accurate, numerically astute
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to close the deal in short time frames. Strong customer focus with a flexible approach to succeed in a fast-moving environment
- Knowledge of BoM's, PO Processes, familiarity with technical drawings, resourceful and process good interpersonal skills
- A working knowledge of contract law
- Ability to communicate well with the team, internal customers and external suppliers
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is desirable
- Experience working in an Engineering or manufacturing environment essential
- Demonstrates the highest integrity and ethical values in dealing with clients, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Flexible to travel within UK & overseas from time to time (Including Driving license)