Senior Transport Planner
Due to the continued growth and success of my client, an international engineering and project management consultancy, I am seeking a Senior Transport Planner to be based in Birmingham.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Unsupervised production of technical studies/ Transport Assessments / Travel Plans and CLP and DSP reports & Technical Notes.
- Preparation of PERS and CERS reports.
- Developing and commission traffic surveys.
- Unsupervised production of other transport projects as these arise and ensuring outputs are delivered on time.
- Project manage small projects.
- Ability in using junction modelling programs, such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG and TRANSYT, as well as the TRICS database.
- Developing innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Working with junior staff to develop innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
- Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK.
- Specific BIM Responsibilities
- Managing junior staff as part of a project team.
- Being commercially aware in producing work.
- To be a good team player to contribute to a dynamic group.
- Working proactively in producing technical studies and reports with minimal direction from project managers.
- Project management of small projects.
- Developing expert knowledge in junction modelling packages.
- Producing clear and well-structured reports with minimal guidance from project managers.
Experience & Qualifications:
- HNC level
- Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/ Travel Plans
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Proven technical track record and ability
- Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
- Commercially aware
- Ability in using ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG and TRICS
- BSc/ BEng/ MEng/ MSc
- MCIHT/ MILT/ MICE
- CAD experience
- AUTOTRACK experience
- Experience of managing junior staff as part of a project team
- Knowledge / Experience of working to BIM Level 2
In order to discuss this role and other roles please call Samantha at Alcea Recruitment.
Job Type: Full-time