Our client is a leading specialist in the field of LEI, Professional Fees insurance and associated niche products. They have built a reputation for providing innovative, bespoke protection and peace of mind for their diverse range of clients, supported by an uncompromising approach to customer service. It is through striving to bring quality and integrity to the marketplace that they have become a leading provider of Legal Protection Insurance to law enforcement agencies in the UK.
Position: Legal Graduate
Location: Stourbridge, West Midlands
Job Type: Full Time, 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £19,000 a year
Benefits: Intu Merry Hill Discount, 28 days' annual holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays, Car Breakdown Insurance, Legal Expenses Insurance, Income Protection, Pension Contribution, Home Emergency Insurance, Death in Service Insurance.
About the role:
Our client have an exciting 12-month placement within their Legal Expenses Insurance (LEI) Claims Handling Team, available for graduates of law or other relevant disciplines.
You will be allocated your own caseload of claims to handle, but will be working as part of a team and supported by experienced Claims Handlers, Senior Claims Handlers and Solicitors, all of whom aim to provide a superlative service to their policyholders.
- You will receive an induction and all the training necessary
- Handle claims including landlord and tenant disputes, travel disputes, identity theft cases and criminal cases
- Reviewing legal disputes encountered by our clients, and assessing them against an insurance policy
- Using your legal knowledge to assess the merits of each claim, and progressing or repudiating it accordingly
- Where claims are accepted, you may be asked to handle it in-house, or pass it to one of their panel solicitors
- Manage the conduct of the case, ensuring its progress whilst managing costs to the business
- Minimum of a predicted 2:1 result in your degree/achieved 2:1
- Excellent team-working skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Interpersonal skills
- Ambition and enthusiasm
Our client is a rapidly expanding company with exciting opportunities for employees to grow and develop from within. At the conclusion of your graduate scheme, it is the perfect opportunity to review your skills learnt and areas of interest in order to place you in a permanent key role within the company where you can add value.
Previous Graduates are now a fundamental part of our Talent Academy, achieving places on our Trainee Management Programme and permanent roles as technical specialists, working alongside other ambitious and capable individuals to drive the business forward and deliver business projects with impact. As a part of the Talent Academy you are guaranteed significant investment, cross-functional exposure and a pathway to progression towards becoming a future leader in the business.
You may have experience of the following: Legal Graduate, Law Graduate, Legal Assistant, Graduate Claims Handler, Graduate Lawyer, Trainee Lawyer, Trainee Solicitor, Graduate Solicitor, Legal Officer etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.