Management Accountant, Warwick
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Proven accounting experience required.
- The Network Services business has a turnover of over £100m from the major fixed and wireless operators, Enterprise and Public Safety & Defence customers. It employs in excess of 300 people across the country to provide ICT services.
- Supporting this business is a dedicated finance team of 8 including the Finance Business Partner.
- The team is responsible for providing tailored financial information to aid business critical decision making as well as ensuring accurate and timely management accounting information (P&L, full balance sheet and cash) to the central finance team for onward reporting to the Board.
- There is significant scope within the team to be involved with all aspects of the Network Services business.
Network Services is looking to replace a recent leaver with a new Management Accountant role.
- Working within the larger team the primary responsibility will be the provision of financial support to the business using the key Finance systems (Oracle and Hyperion) and Excel.
- In addition to supporting the team the role will have responsibility for a number of key monthly tasks essential to the integrity and understanding of the business's results.
- This could be an entry level role for a junior accountant looking to move into Management Accounting or for an existing management accountant looking to build on their career.
- Project Accounting - Order, Sales & Margin for Network Services.
- Month End Accounting - Accruals, Prepayments, Revenue Recognition.
- Budgeting & Forecasting - Assisting in preparing yearly budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Balance Sheet Analysis - Working Capital.
- Cash flow Forecasting.
- Overhead Accounting - Utilisation Analysis - Over / Under Recovery.
- Financial Presentation - KPI Analysis and other Financial Metrics.
- Month End Reporting - Validating Contract Review documents.
- Ad-hoc - Projects & Requests.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs grade A-C with at least B in Mathematics.
- AAT or part CIMA qualified.
- Self-Motivated and prepared to go the extra mile.
- Decision Making.
- Managing complexity and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Team Working.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.