Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Our client is an Airline based in the UK. They are looking for a Maintenance Controller.
- The collation and assessment of defect information from flight crews and line stations
- Ensure that the appropriate manpower and logistical resources are allocated to tasks, in order to ensure that the defect rectification is within timescales required by the Operations Department
- Liaise with the base engineer and the subcontracted line maintenance organisations in order to ensure that appropriately authorised manpower, adequate spares and equipment are allocated to aircraft defects in such a manner as to maintain the flying programme with minimum disruption
- Ensure that, in conjunction with the Operations Department, the required down times are allocated to each aircraft such that the necessary maintenance or rectification can be carried out in an expeditious manner
- Close liaison with the Operations Department in order to obtain a sound grasp of the daily flying programme, such that the most appropriate course of actions during AOG situations can be implemented thereby minimising aircraft downtime
- The compilation of aircraft defect information and statistics
- The compilation, planning and implementation of all scheduled maintenance, which occurs between checks
- The maintenance of Acceptable Deferred Defects at a pre-determined acceptable level
- The weekly issue of a 7-day maintenance plan to all line stations backed up with a daily ‘night stop work request.’ Assisting and advising Flight Deck personnel with technical issues when and wherever possible
- Observance of all current security regulations and precautions
- Taking appropriate required actions upon all-weather warnings issued by the Operations Department
- Supervisory experience
- Line and base maintenance experience
- Previous experience in similar area or role
- Full B1 or B2 Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Salary: Competitive
- Job type: Permanent, full-time,
- Based: East Midlands
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: emma.jenkins at
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency