Housing Standards Officer
Our client is looking for a Housing Standards Officer to provide advice and information on domestic environmental health, housing and related matters in accordance with legislation and best practice.
Duties will include:
- Property inspections (HHSRS and similar), comprehensive building surveys and preparation of schedules including recommended remedial works.
- Preparing and serving informal and formal (statutory) notices within the service areas of responsibility.
- Inspecting sites, conducting investigations and studies, assessing and evaluating conditions, including undertaking site assessments for Licensing and enforcement purposes
Minimum of one or more of the following are required for this post:
- Certificate of registration to the Environmental Health Board (EHRB) ie charted EHO
- Certificate of Higher Education In Housing Practice ie to enable EHO equivalence
- BTEC Higher National Certificate with specialist housing option
- BTEC Higher National Diploma in Environmental Health Studies or similar level qualification with a building surveying bias
CV deadline: 9am on Friday 11th August