PRU TEACHING ASSISTANT JOB
PRU TEACHING ASSISTANTS NEEDED
Due to a recent promotion of an internal member of staff to HLTA I am recruiting for a KS2 teaching assistant to work within an alternative primary base.
Class sizes are small and heavily supported. There will be a full time class teacher as well as at least 1 other TA in the classroom at any one time. The purpose of this base is to work with excluded pupils from mainstream settings to deal with their behavioural challenges, their families and also with their mainstream schools.
This role is an interesting but a hard work role. You will be working with the most disruptive of pupils within the local authority. Ideally you will:
- Have relevant experience of working within behavioural settings
- Working with disruptive pupils that require the understanding and patience of the staff in the centre
- Resilience and confidence
- Ability to build rapport and relationships quickly
- Adaptable to move within key stages
The above are just a few traits. You must have experience of working with children in the last 5 years.