Art & Design Teacher
Art & Design Teacher (3 days per week) based in Walford, Nr Baschurch , Shrewsbury, Shropshire, offering a salary from £10,651 (£20,066 FTE) to £12,379 (£23,322 FTE) depending on qualifications.
Derwen College is an Ofsted “Outstanding” college. We support students with learning difficulties and disabilities to live the life they want and to be as independent as they can be. We work hard to develop the skills needed for employment and independent living - our aim is to recruit the best staff possible to deliver this first class experience to our students.
We are a Disability Confident employer and we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for suitable applicants.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Art & Design Teacherto join our College. Planning and delivery of relevant and challenging vocational / subject specific sessions (Arts & Design focus) and embedded functional skills for students and trainees across all programmes including support for work experience.
The key role responsibilities are:
- Management of learning environment including support staff and resources
- Teaching vocational / subject specific curriculum including embedded functional skills
- Delivery of accreditation where appropriate (up to and including Level Two Art)
- Facilitating work experience sessions
- Provision and promotion of relevant IAG for student / trainee groups
- Baseline and ongoing assessment of students and trainees
- Timely administration work relating to teaching e.g. assessment reports, learning plans, progress reporting
- Development / use of appropriate and stimulating teaching resources including ILT
- Contribution to quality assurance of all aspects of Programme Area including involvement in Self -Assessment, Quality Improvement and compliance audits
- Contribution to curriculum / commercial development to ensure that Programme Area strands remain relevant and challenging including fostering effective partnerships e.g. Industry Champion / Competition activity
• Teaching qualification / Specialist Qualification
• Subject specific qualification relevant to Programme Area – Arts focus
• Relevant Industry Sector / commercial knowledge and experience
• Proven success of working within a similar role
• Knowledge of Ofsted framework / external quality standards
• Knowledge of Accreditation and RARPA
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
• Outstanding communication skills with individuals/staff at all levels
• Highly motivated individual
• Competent in MS Office
We can offer the right candidate a well-resourced and modern working environment, situated in a beautiful rural setting. We have a fantastic array of employee benefits including on-site shopping and leisure facilities, final salary pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, enhanced family friendly benefits, generous annual leave entitlement and continual professional development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and adults at risk and expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75483980