The job holder will responsible for a wide range of key op rational aspects of supply chain and procurement.
They will also play a key role in motivated and training the purchasing team to all work to a common purpose and standard operating procedures encouraging team members to support each other and enable a common learning and method of work.
Our client is a engineering group with a global presence
Key responsibilities include:
- Achieving the most competitive pricing in relation to various sourcing activities undertaken.
- Conducting regular business reviews with suppliers
- Supporting day to day management of all assigned supplier accounts.
- Introducing ongoing measures of customer satisfaction by way of jointly agreed performance targets.
- Taking an active role in identification and development of new sources of supply.
- Analyse current market trends across assigned portfolio.
- Operate an efficient process for the administration and sourcing of customer ad hoc requirements.
- Demonstrate the delivery of annual cost saving initiatives, to benefit and meet the current needs of the business.
- Ensure all deadlines for the commodity group are followed through the use of planning tools.
- Global travelling may be required from time to time , on company business where necessary and with due notice.
- Prodcue and distribute KPI performance measure for the purchasing department.
- Demonstrate delivery of annual cost saving initiatives.
- Previous Exposure of buying procedures and process
- good negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to effectively influence key stakeholders.
- Proven track record on reducing cost/lead-times & delivery terms
- General accountancy/finance knowledge would be beneficial
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing process and procedures desirable
- CIPS qualification or equivalent would be advantageous
Salary up to £31,000.
12 Month Fixed Term Contract.