2x SAP - Senior Authorised Person
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Perform SAP duties, installation, testing, commissioning, modification, and maintenance of electrical distribution equipment
1. Executing construction and asset replacement projects on 11kV - 66kV distribution networks. Undertake operational, technical and safety from the system duties associated with the construction, maintenance and commissioning of projects. Play a key role in ensuring the business's teams are set to work safely and to ensure new/modified electrical apparatus is fit for purpose as it is energised or re-energised. Provide leadership, teamwork with peers and colleague, sound technical knowledge, a positive safety culture, strong technical and commercial awareness.
2. Prepare switching schedules for maintenance tasks, installation work, fault location and repair on customers networks where required.
3. Organise and execute HV switching, isolation, earthing, identification of the point of work and issue of safety documentation duties on HV networks up to 11kV and/or 33kV in accordance with Schneider Operational Safety Rules.
4. Protection testing and commissioning.
5. Fault location and repair.
6. Ensure safety from the system.
7. Engender a positive working culture within the team, covering health and safety, workmanship quality, attention to detail and development of the business's team ethic.
8. Assist in the planning and logistical support aspects of all projects and works.
9. Supervise/perform the following activities (at UK, overseas and offshore locations) on switchgear and related equipment.
-Systems testing and fault diagnosis
10. Perform site risk assessments and prepare method statements.
11. Document test results and produce site work reports.
12. Contribute to the formulation of offers for site activities.
13. Participate in necessary schemes to provide 24/7 cover.
14. Assist with works tests when necessary.
15. Contribute to customer training activities.
16. Promote the Company’s service activities, identify and pursue business opportunities
Travelling appointment - UK national coverage
• Possession of a current Senior Authorised Person certificate on an existing Distribution Network Owners System or Independent Distribution Network Owners.
• HNC in Electrical Engineering - Power Distribution (preferred, not mandatory).
• Experience in Power Distribition arena - ideally within a Distribution Network Owner or Independent Distribution Network Owners environment at 11kV or above.
• Experience of installing and maintaining switchgear and other related equipment
• Ideally have experience of working alone and as part of a team in the UK
• Hold a full driving license and passport
• Possess good written and verbal communication skills
• Have good inter-personal skills
• Be well grounded in switchgear and transformer installation, commissioning, maintenance repair and testing.
• Be well grounded in the principles & application of electrical safety from the risks associated with live HV & LV networks.
• Demonstrate appropriate underpinning knowledge in the form of academic qualifications (e.g. Degree/HNC) or relevant experience
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.